- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from New School University
- LMCW, MSW from New York University School of Social Work
- Trained in Relational, Psychodynamic and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Completed two years of Psychoanalytic training at PPSC
- Trained and Certified Adult Attachment Interview rater
- Specializing in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- Fluent in Russian
Sense of connectedness begins with feeling heard and understood. I strive to help people find their own voice to feel more connected to themselves and to their close ones.
I have training and expertise in working with symptoms of depression, anxiety, interpersonal difficulties, trauma and abuse, difficulty controlling anger and moodiness. I have provided assessment and treatment to adults, adolescents, children and families on the inpatient units, as well as outpatient clinics of inner city hospitals and have faced many challenging clinical situations and circumstances. I have worked with many distressed individuals, couples and families from various roads of life, with a true openness and respect for all human experience.
Having come from former Soviet Union in adolescence, and trying to negotiate two worlds and two cultures, I have a particular sensitivity for people who feel that they stand “between spaces” in any sense. When people come to me for help, we work together so they can look for their pathway to a more vibrant, fulfilling life in an atmosphere that is safe and supportive