Dr. Simakhodskaya is a leading trainer, supervisor and therapist in the New York Emotionally Focused Therapy community.
- MA in Counseling Psychology from Northwestern University
- PhD in Clinical Psychology from CUNY Graduate Center
- Faculty of Psychiatry Department of NYU School of Medicine
- Adjunct Faculty of Doctoral Psychology Programs at CUNY and Rutgers University
- Certified EFT Therapist, Supervisor and Trainer
- Vice President and Chair of Education Committee, NYCEFT
- Level 3 Therapist in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Therapy
I BELIEVE IN THE POWER of resilience and relationships. Over the years I have developed expertise in providing assessment and psychotherapy to those struggling with depression, anxiety, difficulties with anger, sexual problems, trauma and abuse, interpersonal difficulties, and career changes. I have worked with individuals affected by the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks, survivors of torture abroad, and many distressed couples. After completion of the doctoral program, I provided assessment and crisis intervention to patients in an inner city psychiatric emergency program. There is really nothing that can surprise or shock me. Having immigrated as a young adult from the former Soviet Union, I have a unique point of view that allows me to be especially attuned to the young bilingual, Russian-speaking men and women who are straddling the two worlds. I teach and present nationally and internationally and have a particular interest in sexuality in intimate relationships. To learn more about me, click here.